8 from B-A advance to District chorus

Kaelynn Behrens

District chorus qualifiers include, girls (l to r): Stephanie Mills, Addison Clemente, Grace Misera and Hannah Hornberger; boys, middle row (l to r), Lucas Tuggy and Ryen Beam; back row, Robert VanKirk.

Jason Shade, Staff Writer

Several Bellwood-Antis students competed in the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) District Chorus Pre-Audition festival Sunday October 16 and advanced to the next level.

The students competed against approximately 40 students in their vocal section from 36 school districts and won a seat in the District 6 chorus festival that will be held in January.

High school chorus director Ms. Beth Hull said, “These are the most motivated and talented vocalists I have ever worked with. They represent Bellwood-Antis pride and spirit admirably!”

All-District chorus qualifiers include:

Grace Misera-Soprano II

Hannah Hornberger-Soprano II

Addison Clemente-Alto I

Stephanie Mills-Alto II

Ryen Beam –Tenor II

Cooper Burns-Tenor II

Lucas tuggy-Bass I

Robert VanKirk-Bass I

The students had a blind audition, singing behind a screen to compete to be in the top ten in the district at their voice part. They will continue to compete for regionals in January at Bedford.

“We worked really, really hard for this, and it’s nice to see that the hard work payed off!” said senior Stephanie Mills.