BAEA set to hold food drive

Students can donate food from November 14-17

Public domain image

BAEA will hold a food drive starting next week.

Jarrett Taneyhill, Staff Writer

The Bellwood-Antis Education Association (BAEA), the teacher’s union at B-A, is collecting food for the less fortunate this holiday season, and the student body can help.

BAEA is collecting canned goods to donate to the St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry from today until Thursday of next week. In an abbreviated rush, the drive will last from Monday, November 14 through Thursday, November 17.

“Our overall goal of this drive is to help the community as much as we possibly can. We want the best possible turnout,” said Mr. Patrick Sachse, the BAEA vice-president.  “This drive used to be just for the teachers but this year we decided to get the students involved.  We hope that students will see the value in helping others.”

Students can donate the non-perishable to their homerooms until Thursday of next week.  Be sure that the goods that you donate are marked and not expired.  The following food items are being requested:

Spaghetti

Spaghetti Sauce (Jar or Canned)

Pasta Noodles (Rigatoni, Shells, Penne)

Canned Corn

Macaroni & Cheese

Pork and Beans

Peanut Butter

Soups

Local school union leaders from Cluster II, which includes nine area school districts,will be gathering Thursday night for an informal cluster meeting to donate the food to the St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry.

“St. Vincent DePaul directly helps our community.  We would appreciate it if the students could please consider donating to a good cause to help the people in our area,” stressed Mr. Sachse.