The most wonderful time of the year!

Many holiday activities slated for BAMS

Ethan Hess

Students stand amid decorations in the fifth grade hallway.

It’s that time of year again at the Bellwood Antis Middle School: Christmas! Lights are hanging in the hallways, classrooms are decorated, and the students are excitedly waiting for their break to begin. Christmas is the holiday in which Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus. This year, the students get a break from school on December 23 and come back to start the new year on January 3.

This year’s annual Christmas dinner will be held on December 21 during each lunch period. On the menu this year is breaded chicken with gravy, whipped potatoes, stuffing, golden corn, and apple crisp. If this is your first time going to the BAMS Christmas dinner, remember to dress formally. Some teachers will even give you bonus points if you dress up. The Christmas dinner is always very nice. Last year, the lights were dimmed, and there were table covers and candles on each table. We’ll have to wait and see how the cafeteria is decorated this year!

Christmas is also a time for giving, not only receiving. The annual Blue Angels project will be happening again this year at Bellwood. If there are still angels available, you can pick one up at the Christmas tree by the 5th and 6th grade bathrooms. Blue Angels is a great opportunity to help children in need. You can buy a specific toy as listed on your angel and bring it into school to help a child have a good Christmas.

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. You spend time with your family, give and receive gifts, and celebrate the birth of Jesus. There are also fun activities you can do outside if it snows, such as sledding, skiing, snow ball fights, and building forts.

Students at Bellwood Middle School are ready for their Christmas break! What will you do this year to make it a good one?