B-A wins ICC Showdown

Phoebe Potter

The Lady Devils used a stifling defensive effort to take down Juniata Valley on the road.

Joe Padula, Staff Writer

Last night in Alexandria the Lady Blue Devils used a 23-point fourth quarter to overcome a six-point deficit in the final frame to beat Juniata Valley 53-42 and improve to 12-2 (7-0 ICC) on the season.

With the victory B-A took complete control of the Inter County Conference north race.

Senior Karson Swogger led the way scoring with a game-high 22 points.

She scored six points during an 8-0 run that started the fourth quarter, including a three that broke a 38-38 tie, giving Bellwood-Antis a lead that they would not surrender for the rest of the game.

Freshman Alli Campbell followed right behind Swogger as she tailed 16 points of her own along with grabbing 13 rebounds.

” It felt great to get a win over a tough team on their court. Everyone was loud, and it was a good atmosphere. This win definitely boosts our confidence for the rest of the season and especially when we play them again on our court,” said Campbell.

B-A’s defense in the first half wasn’t anything to scoff at, only allowing 27 points to a good Juniata Valley team.

However in the second half the team really brought it to the next level. In the third quarter the Blue devils held JV to nine points and then surrendered only six in the final quarter.

B-A will look to keep rolling against Williamsburg Thursday night in Bellwood.