FCA to host second See You at the Pole

Nick Lovrich

Stephanie Mills leads the FCA in prayer at the annual See You at the Pole event in October.

Phoebe Potter, Photo editor

This Thursday, May 4, at 7:00 am the FCA will hold another See You at the Pole event by the flag pole entrance of the high school.

This also gives the students a chance to stand up for what they believe in. I mean you can never pray enough, am I right?

— Stephanie Mills

Students and faculty are encouraged to join the celebration of the National Day of Prayer by attending or participating in the event.

FCA president Stephanie Mills is looking forward to seeing the students brought together through prayer.

She said, “It’s nice to get everyone out and encourage their faith together. This also gives the students a chance to stand up for what they believe in. I mean you can never pray enough, am I right?”

Mill also enjoys how the event unites the district along with the community.

“’See You at the Pole’ allows the teachers and faculty to take a stance that they normally can’t take in class and the students can really see how much they care.”

At the last See You at the Pole event that was held last September for the national See You at the Pole gathering there were over 100 participants and this Thursday they expect to see close to the same number of people in the community.

FCA advisor Mr. Nick Lovrich appreciates the student’s initiative to join and start the event.

He said, “Anytime you can get these kids together to participate in this it’s really great to see them come out and do this.”

He continued to say how he hopes to have a good turnout.

“They decide to do this and it’s really up to them to carry it out, but we’d like to see as many people as last time, if not more,” said Lovrich. “One time before we only had about 34 kids show up so the success of the event comes from the students.”

See YOU at the pole this Thursday for a chance to unite the school in prayer!