College Corner: Myranda Mamat

Kaelynn Behrens

Myranda describes her college expectations.

BluePrint News/Kaelynn Behrens

Kaelynn Behrens, Staff Writer/Multimedia Editor

Senior Myranda Mamat will be attending Penn State Altoona early this coming summer. Mamat plays softball and contributes constantly in class. She has finally discovered how much she enjoys English and decided to turn it into a career. Here is what she has to say about her college pick!

The Blueprint: How many colleges did you apply to?

Myranda: I only applied to PSU. I applied for early admittance but if I didn’t get in I would have applied for two or three more schools.

The Blueprint: Where else did you consider?

Myranda: If I didn’t get into PSU I looked into applying to the University of Buffalo. I also really looked into the University of Rochester. Realistically I probably would have applied for other big schools in PA, also bigger schools out of state as well.

The Blueprint: Have you visited other schools?

Myranda: I visited UB as well as a bunch of other schools in Buffalo.

The Blueprint: What are you planning on majoring in?

Myranda: English.

The Blueprint: What made you chose this specific major?

Myranda: I really enjoy English. I’ve always enjoyed reading- I read constantly. I was really uncertain about what I wanted to go to school for but after I figured it out, I felt more confident about my major.

The Blueprint: What interests you about English?

Myranda: Everything about it. I’ve always excelled at it grade wise, and understanding the topics and deeper meaning of the works we study at school.

The Blueprint: What job will you pursue after college?

Myranda: As of right now I plan on going to graduate school after my four years at Altoona to get my P.H.D. in English to be a professor. But there are multiple other things I can do with my degree as well, even while I am a professor.

The Blueprint: What do you expect from the everyday social life at PSU Altoona?

Myranda: Everyday life is going to be very different than High School. I will have to make new friends even though some of my friends are going to PSU. Studying lost and lots of studying. Also, I will have more time to do other stuff because I won’t have eight hour days so I’ll have time to do my work, study, and hang out with friends.