Poet-TREE Goes Up For National Poetry Month

Junior Rachel Harris poses with the Poet-TREE she designed with student teacher Hannah Sollenberger.

The Bellwood-Antis English Department, aided by an ambitious student teacher, was able to hang up a Poet-TREE in honor of National Poetry Month for the second straight year.

Hannah Sollenberger, a student teacher from Penn State who is working with 11th grade English teacher Tom Partner and 12th grade English teacher Sue Kovensky, was assigned a bulletin board project as part of her education classes.  She chose to display student poetry.

B-A students submitted poems for a Poet-TREE last year, as well, but Rachel Harris made sure this one was a memorable one.  The junior helped Sollenberger conceptualize and design the project and hang it on the wall outside of the office of Assistant Principal Mrs. Cathy Adams.

Students at B-A  submit poems every year dutring the month of April because it is National Poetry Month.  The English Department also sponsors a Poetry Slam, where students submit poems they will read in front of the student body at a special assembly.  This year’s Poetry Slam is April 25.