BluePrint Presents Check to Easter Seals

Students Collect $700 for Local Organization

Kerry Naylor presenting the donation of $700  to the Easter Seals Representative, Patty Mallad, on April 25, 2014.

Caroline Showalter

Kerry Naylor presenting the donation of $700 to the Easter Seals Representative, Patty Mallad, on April 25, 2014.

The B-A BluePrint raised $700 dollars through T-shirts sales supporting Autism Awareness across the district. All proceeds were given to the Western and Central PA Easter Seals.

The check was given to the Easter Seals representative Patty Mallad atthe conclusion to the 11th Annual Poetry Slam on April 25th at Bellwood-Antis High School.

The Easter Seals is an organization that as part of its mission benefits the needs of autistic children across the nation. This was the second year in a row that the B-A BluePrint fundraised for this cause, and the sales this year were up from $500 to $700.

On Friday, April 25th all students and faculty who purchased a B-A Light It Up Blue T-shirt wore their shirts to give a display of their support for raising awareness for autism.

Mr. Kerry Naylor, the advisor to the BluePrint, had this to say about the donation. “The BluePrint is honored to team with the Easter Seals for such a worthy cause.  Autism affects many people, including members of the student body at B-A, so we feel as the voice of this district, it’s our responsibility to be involved.”