Are you an Aggressive Driver?

Cory Parson

Senior Noah Dangelo shows his aggression behind the wheel

Cory Parson, Staff Writer

According to the Insurance Information Institute, aggressive driving is a major factor in U.S. traffic accidents, playing a role in a large number of fatal highway collisions each year.

There are many different ways to show your frustrations on the road, and each person releases their anger differently. The BluePrint, with the help of Mr. Hughes, had students in driver’s education classes take a survey to show how aggressive they are behind the wheel. The survey showed on a 0-100 scale how aggressive someone would be on the road, with 0 being the least aggressive and 100 being the most.

Out of the 21 students that took the test in one of Mr. Hughes’ the average score was 12. In his other class, the average score was 16 for the 10 people who took it. Austin Walls had the lowest score of 2 while Megan Watchey scored a class high of 46. Teachers Mr. Naylor and Mr. Hughes scored a 5 each. The national average score was 22, and has been taken by over 14,000 people.

“I think you have to take into account that it’s an internet survey and not someone grading you while you’re driving,” said Mr. Hughes. “But it’s one tool you can use. I was a little surprised at some of the scores, though.”

Make sure while you’re on the road you stay safe and happy, the odds of being involved in a car accident while upset are tripled!

To see your score, take the test here.