Books for Babies at Barnes and Noble this week

BAEA once again plans fundraiser for area children

Caroline Taylotr

Students from chorus sang at last year’s Books for Babies event at Barnes and Nobels.

Eli Vaglica, Staff Writer

Books for Babies at Barnes and Nobles book store in Altoona is set for Thursday, April 14 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Books for Babies is a fundraiser at Barnes and Nobles where any attending patrons on a specific night can send some of the proceeds from their purchases to the Altoona Maternity Ward. The Bellwood-Antis Education Association (BAEA) hosts the event, with a portion of the proceeds going to buying books for the Altoona Maternity Ward.

A portion of the proceeds goes to buy books for the Altoona Maternity Ward.

You don’t need to purchase the books for the babies; you can buy books for yourself on the 14 from 4 to 8 and a percentage of what you buy will go towards books being purchased for babies. You can read and babies can be read to because of your contribution. Make sure if you’re looking for new books to read to go to Barnes and Nobles or if you just feel like stopping by for fun on Thursday to be at Barnes and Noble.

Early on education for children, like identifying certain objects such as shapes and colors, is a great foundations for a child’s learning behavior and how well they develop later on in life. That’s not rocket science, unless of course you purchase a book on rocket science, which Barnes and Nobles may have.

There’s going to be music and entertainment provided by local acts, many of which come from the school distict.

The events scheduled are lined up like this for now:

• 4:30 Tommie Murray and Elementary Students Read-Aloud
  • 5:00 BAHS Chamber Winds
  • 5:45 BAHS Trash Buckets
  • 6:00 David Plummer, guitar
  • 6:30 BAHS Jam Band
  • 7:30 High School Teachers