Congratulations to Mrs. Zong the 2016 Teacher of the Year!

Phoebe Potter

Congratulations to Mrs. Zong on being the 2016 Teacher of the Year!

Phoebe Potter, Daily Dish Editor

It was once said by Albert Einstein that, “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” One teacher in particular has shown off in recent years just how impactful it is to be a teacher and the true joy of knowledge.

Mrs. Zong is a very caring and dedicated teacher. She has helped me a lot this year in yearbook and school.

— 2016 Tuckahoe Yearbook Editor Caroline Showalter

Just about every student will buy at least one yearbook in their lifetime, but what most people don’t realize is the hard work and effort of not only the student staff members but also the dedication of its advisor Mrs. Susan Zong, the 2016 BA BluePrint Teacher of the Year Awardee.

Mrs. Zong has put in countless efforts to make yearbook deadlines and also ensuring that all of her students receive the best education possible and truly caring for each individual. Mrs. Zong often refers to her students as her ‘kids’ and it shows through her motivation and personal connections that she has made with her kids.

“Mrs. Zong is a very caring and dedicated teacher. She has helped me a lot this year in yearbook and school,” said current Editor-in-Chief of the BAHS Tuckahoe Yearbook Caroline Showalter.

Mrs. Zong got her start as a substitute at her alma mater, State College Area High School, and has been teaching at BA for 33 years. However, Mrs. Zone has not been simply a teacher here. She has also tacked on the roles as Title 1 Reading Specialist, Library Media Specialist, English Department Chairperson, and Yearbook Advisor.

This year will mark Mrs. Zong’s second and final year as Yearbook Advisor but before she replaced the recently retired Miss. K, Mrs. Zong  also served as an editor to the yearbook along with Mrs. Leah McNaul.

In addition to working with Jostens for the Tuckahoe Yearbook, Mrs. Zong has also worked with Jostens for the past five years for the annual, district wide Achievement Report.

“She is a worker. She has attention to detail and over the past couple of years now has brought a lot of that experience to the Tuckahoe Yearbook,” said Scott Geesey BA’s Yearbook Representative.

With retirement slowly encroaching at the end of the year, the BA BluePrint and the rest of the Bellwood-Antis School District wish Mrs. Susan Zong and once again congratulate you for being the 2016 Teacher of the Year!

Thank you for the wonderful and lasting mark you have left at BAHS! You will be truly missed!