Kerri Little ready to address Class of 2016

Valedictorian and Salutatorian set for Thursday Commencement

Tierra Mahute

Laycee Clark and Kerri Little practice in the auditorium to deliver their Commencement addresses. Graduation ceremonies take place Thursday starting at 7 p.m. at Memorial Stadium.

Myranda Mamat, Daily Dish Editor

The class of 2016’s Valedictorian is Kerri Little.

Little will adress the graduating class Thursday at Commencement, which begins at 7 p.m. at Memorial Stadium.

Kerri is a dedicated student who participates in Mock Trial, Student Congress, Speech League, Scholastic Scrimmage, and PJHS, along with  many more in school activities. She has won statewide honors in both PJAS and Speech League, and she earned the highest SAT score in her senior class.

Kerri’s dedication and hard work is what pushed her to the top to become this year’s Valedictorian.

“It took a lot of determination, and many long nights studying. I could never accept second best, but it took a lot of work to accomplish the title of Valedictorian,” said Kerri. “It feels great to know that all these years of hard work has paid off is a very rewarding feeling.”

I could never accept second best, but it took a lot of work to accomplish the title of Valedictorian.

— Kerri Little

This year’s Salutatorian is Laycee Clark. Laycee will be giving a speech at Commencement along with Kerri and Class President Revel Southwell. Nathan Davis will introduce the guest speaker, Comanche Garcia.

Along with Kerri, Laycee has pushed herself to become the best student she could be and she feels the rewards.

“I worked very hard. It took a lot of nights looking at notes and doing homework in order to get the grades I did.” said Laycee.  “It is a great feeling. I proved to everyone, including myself, that I am capable of achieving this level of success. A lot of people didn’t think I could do it and to prove them wrong it is the best feeling.”

Every year students want to leave a message to their peers and the Valedictorian and Salutatorian can do exactly that.

“Everyone is their own individual shaped by the interactions we have had with each other. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses and will influence the world differently,” said Kerri.  “No matter what, however, we all share the common title of Class of 2016 graduate.”

“Find a good support system. I couldn’t have been successful if it weren’t for my friends and family,” said Laycee. “They motivated me to do my best, and if you surround yourself with positive influences, you will find that you can achieve more than you thought.”