ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Jenna Bartlett

Carol Bartlett

Sophomore Jenna Bartlett emerged as one of the cross country team’s top runners this season.

Ali Wagner, Staff Writer

Sophomore Jenna Bartlett has been running on the cross country team for two years, but running has always been a part of her life. Her brothers were both successful high school runners and her father runs competitive races to this day.

On October 19, at the ICC Cross Country meet, Bartlett placed fourth for the Bellwood-Antis girls, and ended her race with a time of 22:58.

For her efforts, she has been chosen as this week’s Athlete of the Week.

Overall, Jenna was happy with her performance.

“My time wasn’t exactly what I wanted, but I placed 4th so I was happy,” she said. “Just being able to run with other amazing runners in the area is so cool”

Along with running on the cross country team, Jenna is also in Leo Club, Speech League, and track and field.

Jenna loves being on B-A’s cross country team.

“I wanted to finally be able to run through Bellwood’s varsity programs because I’ve been here running since seventh grade and wanted to continue my career,” she said.

Jenna is also thankful for her supportive teammates.

“Without the boys and girls on the team, it’d be hard to go out,” she said. “They’re all so supportive and motivating.”

Bartlett is looking to break some records and continue her running career.

“I hope to go after Ellen Crook’s record and run in college, so this is a great place to start,” said Jenna.

Jenna and her teammates will be competing at the District 6 championships this weekend at Forest Hills Middle School.