Five B-A musicians qualified for District Band

Alex+Foose%2C+Kyra+Woomer%2C++Dominic+Tornatore%2C+++++Alanna+Vaglica%2C+and+Kaitlyn+Farber+all+qualified+for+Districts+this+year.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Alex Foose, Kyra Woomer,  Dominic Tornatore,     Alanna Vaglica, and Kaitlyn Farber all qualified for Districts this year.

Alex Foose, Kyra Woomer, Dominic Tornatore, Alanna Vaglica, and Kaitlyn Farber all qualified for Districts this year.

Bryce Graham

Bryce Graham

Bryce Graham

Anson Jones, Staff Writer

Nine Bellwood-Antis students pre-auditioned for PMEA District 6 band this year, with five advancing to District band in February.

The musicians traveled to Claysburg-Kimmel High school on Sunday, November 20 to compete for spots at District band.

Those advancing were Kaitlyn Farber, Alanna Vaglica, Dominic Tornatore, Alex Foose, and Kyra Woomer. Kaitlyn Farber and Alanna Vaglica both played the flute, Dominic Tornatore and Alex Foose played the saxophone, while Kyra Woomer played the french horn.

District band is an all-star assembly consisting of the top band instrumental players from a four-county area.

“I feel it’s a great opportunity to improve and get feedback from judges,” said Alanna.

Dominic Tornatore said that he “felt a bit nervous because many people play the saxophone so I had to try harder to get into districts.”

Nine students from B-A auditioned including Farber, Vaglica, Baldwin, Noah Maceno, Kaitlyn Hamer, Tornatore, Foose, Willie Williams Jr, and Woomer.

The five musicians that advanced will be traveling to Westmont-Hilltop High school February 8-11 for District band, and will be auditioning for the chance to advance to PMEA Region 3 band in March.