• See your English teacher to turn in your poem for the poetry slam!!

• Congrats to Alanna Vaglica for her achievements in the CHS Debates!

• Good Luck to the track team at their meet today!

Five Blue Devils make ICC first team

Adam Bowers' two-way selection highlights strong showing for B-A

Back to Article
Back to Article

Five Blue Devils make ICC first team

Senior Adam Bowers was one of five Blue Devils to make the ICC all-star first team.

Ali Wagner

Ali Wagner

Ali Wagner

Troy Walker, Staff Writer

The ICC All-Star team was released last week and ICC champion Bellwood-Antis had the most representatives with five.

Senior Adam Bowers led the way for B-A as one of two two-way all-stars to make the team. Bowers played guard on offense and linebacker on defense.

John Hayes”

— Our league probably had more balance this year than any year I can remember in the past, and so there were a lot of good players out there.

The other four Blue Devils to make the ICC all-star team were senior wide receiver Brendan Kowalski, senior defensive tackle Austin Desch, senior defensive back Ethan McGee, and senior quarter back Jarrett Taneyhill.

Aside from an outstanding overall season finishing 10-2, the five all-stars helped the Blue Devils finish with an undefeated ICC season at 9-0.

“I think it’s a reflection of the season we had,” said Coach John Hayes. “Our league probably had more balance this year than any year I can remember in the past, and so there were a lot of good players out there. To be represented by five, the most in the conference, is a great statement for their achievements and the respect they garnered from the opponents we played. It’s well-deserved and a good reflection on the season they had this year.”

Adam Bowers earned honors as one of only two two-way all-stars, along with Williamsburg’s Maverick Woodling. He had an amazing season, finishing with 72 total tackles and 47 solo tackles to go along with an interception.

Jarrett Taneyhill secured the ICC All-Star quarterback spot as a no-doubter, finishing the season with a school-record 2,080 passing yards and 23 touchdown passes. In two seasons as a starter he broke the all-time passing record for Bellwood-Antis.

Wide receiver Brendan Kowalski was Taneyhill’s go-to target and a definite all-star. Brendan had 8 receptions for 750 yards and finished as the Devils’ single-season and all-time receiving yardage leader.

Austin Desch was tough to handle up front for Bellwood, and he had 97 total tackles (60 solo), leading the trenches for B-A.

Ethan McGee Grabbed a spot as defensive back for the ICC all-star team; he had 3 interceptions this year, 1 caused fumble, 68 total tackles, and 48 solo tackles.

Duke Brunner (RB), Chris Wertman (OL) and Jarryd Kissell (OL) made the ICC second-team all-star team, while Sawyer Kline made it as a punter.

1 Comment

One Response to “Five Blue Devils make ICC first team”

1. Patricia A Salser on December 1st, 2016 6:34 am

So very proud of my grandson ,Adam Bowers for the awesome season he had on the field. I would also like to congratulate all the other Blue Devils that made the ICC All Star Team as well as the rest of the team. Football is a team sport and this group of guys worked and played as a team.These guys had a great season with a lot of memories and a wonderful showing wishing all the senior a great future and the underclassmen a great season in the years to come. Thank you, Coach Hayes and the rest of the coaches and trainer.

*

• Blue Devil Nation

Campbell named PA Player of the Year by USA Today

• Five Blue Devils make ICC first team

Blue Devil Nation

Big inning directs B-A over Pirates

• Five Blue Devils make ICC first team

Blue Devil Nation

Track teams keep rolling

• Five Blue Devils make ICC first team

Blue Devil Nation

Athlete of the Week: Preston Wilson

• Five Blue Devils make ICC first team

Blue Devil Nation

Devils overwhelm Bulldogs

• Five Blue Devils make ICC first team

Blue Devil Nation

Softball team falls to C-K

• Five Blue Devils make ICC first team

Blue Devil Nation

Track teams log victories

• Five Blue Devils make ICC first team

Blue Devil Nation

Bellwood track takes on JV and Southern Fulton

• Five Blue Devils make ICC first team

Blue Devil Nation

Athlete of the Week: Krystina Taylor

• Five Blue Devils make ICC first team

Blue Devil Nation

Lady Blue Devils snag another win

Five Blue Devils make ICC first team