Former basketball star returns as teacher

Nathan Davis spends time observing Spanish education

Cazen Cowfer

Nathan Davis is already having a fine college basketball career, but he’s preparing for a future as an educator.

Cazen Cowfer, Staff Writer

Guess whos back, back again. Nathan’s back, tell a friend!

B-A graduate Nathan Davis was back at Bellwood for two days last week to observe Spanish teacher Senora Smith teach her classes. Nathan is majoring in Spanish at Seton Hill University. He hopes to be a teacher or coach someday.

Nathan was a basketball star at B-A from 2013-16 and he was quite popular here. Over four varsity seasons he scored more than 2,000 points and led the Blue Devils to a District 6 2A championship in 2016.

“Being back here at my old school is a little weird. I think it has changed a lot, especially the library being replaced with the media center. I am glad to be back, though!” he said.

Being back here at my old school is a little weird. I am glad to be back, though.

— Nathan Davis

At Seton Hill, Nathan played in 25 games last season as a freshman, starting 17. He averaged 11.2 points per game for the Griffins, which play in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference.

“Right now I am continuing to work towards my education degree, and continuing to progress with my work,” said Nathan.

He spends his days at college going to his classes, and practicing basketball, which starts officially in November.

When asked if he was going to come back to Bellwood for his internship, he said that it will definitely be a possibility, and that Bellwood is a very nice school.