Feature Teacher: Danielle Coho

Myers Kindergarten Teacher Pushes Students to Reach Their Potential

Danielle Coho, back row far left, shown here with her kindergarten class at Myers.

Miss Danielle Coho has been working at Bellwood-Antis’ Myers Elementary for seven years. Six of her years have been spent teaching Kindergarten and one was spent substituting for 1st and 2nd grade.

She chose teaching because she wanted to make a difference in children’s lives.

“I enjoy it. Every day is different. There are days when things are stressful but I think you would have that with any job,” said Coho.

Kindergartener, Brylee Hewitt said, “I love her. She’s a nice teacher,” while Julien Beaver said, “She lets us have some free centers. I like free centers.”

Her educational philosophy is, “It’s my desire to meet the students where they are and let them reach their full potential.”

Colleague Mrs. Winsickle said, “I think Miss Coho is an awesome teacher and she’s a great team member to work with. She loves the students and she’s real energetic. I just think that she is a great teacher.”

Miss Coho, who graduated from B-A in 2003, likes that Bellwood is a small community and that people reach out to other people and everyone comes together to help with things that are going on. She really enjoys helping Mr. Bower with Speech League and the musicals because of her relationship with Mr. Bower.

Recently Miss Coho received an award for her community service and involvement in the district. The award was given to 20 people in Blair County, under the age of 40, who have done a lot for their district/community.

Principal Terri Harpster said, “She really reaches out and really cares for her students and she’s very involved and likes helping the community.”