Devils stomp Valley for four in a row

Ali Wagner

Alex Schmoke kicks off against Moshannon Valley.

Anson Jones, Sports Editor

The Blue Devil football team traveled to Moshannon Valley Friday, hoping to come home with yet another win.

Senior Shawn Wolfe had 133 yards on just nine carries, helping the Blue Devils over the Knights 35-12 at CNB Bank Stadium.

While the victory allowed the Devils to improve to 4-1, Coach Nick Lovrich felt the performance could have been much better.

“I thought we played well all for about 10-12 plays throughout the game,” he said.  “We need to clean up some things for us to be the best team we can be.  I think we took some steps forward Friday night, but we still have to keep working on being consistent and playing a complete game.”

The Devils scored on their first three possessions of the game, making their confidence levels go through the roof.

Sophomore Nick Plank stepped up against the Knights, putting up two touchdowns, while Alex Frederick added 70 yards for the Devils, which totaled 282 rushing yards.

Vaey would mount a comeback, with rushing and passing touchdowns from Jon Dale.

In the 3rd quarter BA was only up by just nine points, giving the B-A crowd  scare. But Wolfe, who had 159 passing yards, and Plank each scored in the fourth quarter to help the Devils win going away.

“There were a couple of plays that really hurt us,” said junior running back John Kost. “If we eliminate those, they may not have scored, but that kind of been the story of our season so far. It’s a concern, and we have to play better.”