Big Man on Campus: Noah D’Angelo

Sophomore Tri-Athlete Is More Than a Soccer Star

Sophomore Noah D’Angelo, seen here in a race during his freshman season, is known as a soccer star. But he could easily qualify for states in track and field.

*EDITOR’S NOTE: On May 13, Noah reached one of the goals he stated when doing this interview.  He, along with Kyler Lardieri, Aaron Mogle and Alex Bartlett, won gold at the District 6-AA track and field meet in the 4X800 relay, punching a ticket to Shippensburg for the PIAA track and field championships later this month.

Noah D’Angelo is Big Man on Campus for the month of May.

This three sport athlete has the accolades to back up that title. He plays soccer, basketball, and runs track.

Currently, Noah is going to the District 6-AA meet at mansion Park for the 800 meter run and the 4×800 meter run. His best time in the open 800 this season was 2:08.09

This track season Noah has improved greatly.

“I have cut off 12 seconds from last year’s 800 meter run to this year,” he said.  “Lifting and practice have a lot to do with it, and I ran a lot during the offseason.”

Noah would like for his season to continue beyond the District 6-AA track and field championships.

“Some goals I have are to make states in the 4×800 and to get in the top ten in the 800 meter run,” he said.

But Noah said that his best sport is soccer, a sport in which he scored 11 goals and and had 8 assists last season while playing for the Tyrone-Bellwood-Antis co-op team.

When asked about playing for a school rival he said, “There’s no tension and it allows me to make new relationships with people I normally wouldn’t have.”

In the future he wants to continue playing sports in college, because that’s what he loves to do.