Jenna Bartlett Qualifies for states in cross country

Jenna Bartlett placed 18th overall at the District cross country championships and will run in the PIAA meet on Saturday.

Mason Yingling, Staff Writer

Senior Jenna Bartlett advanced to PIAA cross country state championships with her performance at the District 6 2A meet on Saturday at Indian Valley High School.

The top two teams qualify, and then the next 10 individuals to run, and Bartlett ended up being number 9.

What put her in the 9 slot was her time of 22:45.

Jenna will run in Hershey on November 3, where she will compete for the AA girls state championship medal.

“I am very excited that I made it and cannot wait to go. This was the goal the past four years and to finally make it just puts a big smile on my face.  There is a lot of good competition,” said Jenna.

Jenna is taking it all in for her last meet ever as a runner at Bellwood.

“There’s no strategy, there’s also no pressure on me either. I’m just going to go out there and enjoy it  as I run my last meet of high school.”

After training hard for cross country all summer, Jenna said there is no special preparation to get her ready for the big day.

“I’m am just resting up this week for it, nothing too hard.  I’m just giving my legs a rest and looking forward to it,” Jenna said.