High school principal heading to Tyrone

Long-time B-A educator Lisa Hartsock accepts new job

Lisa Hartsock has been the principal at Bellwood-Antis High School for two years.

Bellwood-Antis High School is without a principal as Mrs. Lisa Hartsock has accepted a job as the second through fourth grade principal in the Tyrone Area School District.

“It will be hard to leave my fellow administrators, teachers, and support staff who I have worked with daily over the years.  Equally difficult will be leaving the kids, supportive parents, and community members, and the great tradition of Blue Devil pride that is strong at Bellwood Antis,” Mrs. Hartsock said.

On Tuesday, September 2, the Tyrone Area School Board held a meeting to name the new principals of the elementary school, and without opposition, Mrs. Hartsock was accepted.

“This was not an easy decision for me since I have valued my experiences over the past 24 years at Bellwood Antis School District,” said Hartsock.

Hartsock was an administrator at Bellwood-Antis for 6 years and was the high school principal since 2012.  An an educator for 24 years, Mrs. Hartsock was at one time a math teacher here at B-A.

“I’m sad recent students have missed out on her teaching. As an administrator, she was consistent, fair, proactive, and innovative. Tyrone will be very lucky to have her as an administrator, and we will miss her at Bellwood-Antis,” said Miss Kimberly Trostle, a middle school English teacher at B-A.

Hartsock said, “I have been wanting to work with the younger students for quite some time now.”

Hartsock’s departure means Bellwood is without a high school principal and superintendent.

For now, it is unknown when Mrs. Hartsock will begin her new position.