Feature Teacher: Ms. Hull

Experienced music teacher replaces Mr. Bower

New music teacher Ms. Hull is familiar with the reputation of students at Bellwood-Antis and is excited by the opportunity to teach them music.

Sapphire McCready, Staff Writer

Bellwood-Antis High School lost a lot of teachers last year, including the legendary music director Mr. Bower.

Now Bellwood-Antis has a new music teacher, Ms. Hull.

Ms. Hull has been a music teacher for thirty years. She has taught in a variety of schools before coming to Bellwood.  She has taught in Nashville, Tennessee, the University of Cinncinnati, Central State University, Altoona Area School District, and at Northern Bedford County School District.

Ms. Hull has taught grades 6-12 in public schools and also gave private instruction.

Ms. Hull is now teaching 7th and 8th grade General Music, 7th and 8th grade chorus, senior high chorus, and theater class here at Bellwood.  She is also giving voice lessons. She said she wanted to come to Bellwood-Antis because of the impressive reputation it has.

She said, “Bellwood has an impressive academic, music, and athletic reputation.  Even more desirable is the parent and community involvement and support of the student activities.  I wanted to be a part of this community and environment.”

Ms. Hull said Bellwood’s students enticed her as well.

“Bellwood students are motivated and ambitious, and they inspire me to help them find their creative best and have a great time making music,” Ms. Hull said.

Ms. Hull is both nervous and excited about teaching and working with a new group of students.

When asked if it would be tough following a teacher like Mr. Bower, Ms. Hull said, “No question about it!”

Fellow music and band teacher Mr. Sachse thinks Ms. Hull is an excellent addition to the Bellwood-Antis School District staff.  He said, “I’m excited and we are really lucky to have a professional with so much talent and experience.”

Senior chorus member Chad Miller said, “I think it’s great that we found a well experienced teacher.  We have many wonderful years ahead.”

Ms. Hull has some new ideas to bring to the music classes.

She said, “I’d like to have more collaborative performances with the vocal and instrumental students. I’d also like to help provide more opportunities for soloists, small ensembles, and dancers to showcase their talents.