K-12 Wednesdays: The next tradition at the Bellwood-Antis SD

All employees to wear t-shirt with district vision statement

Teachers and administrators will be sporting new t-shirts the last Wednesday of every month.

Humpday just got a whole lot better here in Bellwood-Antis!  Every last Wednesday of the month will now be K-12 Wednesday. On those days all teachers in elementary, middle, and high school will wear matching t-shirts or hoodies.

“The reason for this day is to create a sense of unity here in our district,” says Ms. Hartsock, the high school principal.  She continues to say, “That it is one day out of the month that we can remind ourselves that we are a whole. Even though the elementary school is far away, we want to remind ourselves that we’re all in this together!”

Mr. Partner also said, “It’s good for students to see teachers and schools coming together. There’s been a lot of change that has occurred.  It’s good to see that even though we lost people we are still one team.”

He went on to say, “I think it would be neat to see all the faculty and students to match for one day out of the month.”

The creator of the K-12 Wednesday is Elementary principal Ms. Terri Harpster.  She came up with the idea while in a meeting during the summer.

Both the t-shirts and hoodies are gray with “Blue Devils” on the front.  On the back of them is the district mission statement— “empowering students to attain their personal best academically, socially, physically, and emotionally.”

If you want to be a part of K-12 Wednesdays you can order your t-shirt or hoodie by September 8th.

T-shirts are $10 and hoodies are $20.  With every t-shirt sold, $3 will be donated to The Door!