Criscitello sets record in volleyball loss

Senior Raven Criscitello set a new single-season record for digs in just seven games for the Lady Devils.

Owen Shedlock, Sports Editor

The Lady Blue Devils volleyball team fell to the Mount Union Lady Trojans last night.  However, this did not stop Raven Criscitello from putting her name into the Bellwood record books

Criscitello recorded her 180th dig of the season after 21 of them coming last night to set the single-season record. 

“I dig a lot,” said Criscitello, who transferred to B-A this season from Bishop Guilfoyle. “It’s a good accomplishment. My coaches and teammates were excited for me. It just means hard work is paying off.”

The switch to a new school has done little to slow Criscitello, who has fit in with the Lady Devils seamlessly.

“I’m used to transitioning  from high school to club volleyball every year,” she said. “Every team I play on is like family to me. I look out for them, and they look out for me. My coaches have also been helpful by introducing me to the girls.”

Last night in Mount Union, the Lady Devils started strong, winning the first set 21-25, but they could not keep that momentum after getting absolutely overwhelmed in the second, losing 25-1. B-A  followed that up with a 25-18 third-set loss and a 25-12 fourth-set loss.

The loss dropped the Lady Devils to 1-6.