Feature Teacher: Ms. Clippard

Last year when chemistry teacher Mr. Yingling retired he left big shoes to fill.

Ms. Carrie Clippard was hired last spring to take over for Mr. Yingling, and so far she loves teaching at Bellwood-Antis and enjoys to community.

Ms. Clippard graduated from Altoona Area High School and received a Bachelor’s in chemistry from Penn State and a Master’s in education from Ohio State. She also student taught a Dublin, Columbus and even taught English in China.

She decided to teach at Bellwood-Antis because she’s from the area and the teachers and students are very dedicated. She also loves the community because it’s small so everyone knows each other and it’s like a family.

Fellow science department member Mrs. Alice Flarend said this about Clippard, “She knows a lot about chemistry and has a lot of energy in the class room. I believe she will have a brilliant career as a teacher.”

One thing Ms. Clippard had to get used to at BA is being the only chemistry teacher.

“I noticed a lot of students had after school jobs,” said Clippard. “And that isn’t really common for other students at other schools. I think it’s really cool.”

Junior Justin Gunsallus stated, “She’s a cool teacher. She gets really involved with helping her students. She’s my favorite teacher.”