Too Cool For School: Aiden Reimer

Jojo Caswell, Staff Writer

Ten years ago, senior Aiden Reimer, wanting to know how much fun hockey was, decided to give it a try.

More than a decade later he is wrapping up his high school career to resounding success.

Aiden currently plays for the Johnstown Jets as a defenseman. He travels to Johnstown 1-4 times a week for practice and games.

Even though the hectic travel schedule has affected his schooling in years past, he has been able to ride out his senior year with no problems.

He has played with multiple different teams in years past including Altoona Trackers, Mid-State Mustangs, Cambria Warriors, Pittsburgh Hitmen, and IHC Hockey. He originally has played for Johnstown when he was 13 and this year was his returning year for Johnstown.

For practice, Aiden travels to the Northern Cambria Rec Center. His team hasĀ  up to two practices a week before playing as many as two games each weekend. It’s a hike, as the Rec Center is located near Central Cambria High School in Ebensburg, but Aiden doesn’t mind traveling.

“I like the drive,” said Reimer.

Aiden’s favorite part about playing hockey is being around his friends. His favorite hockey memory is, “just spending time time with my teammates at tournament.”

Aiden is still unsure of his college plans, though he has interest from some local colleges.