Mr. Schreier address student body on growing issues

Isabelle Kelley, Staff Writer

Bellwood-Antis High School principal Mr. Richard Schreier addressed the student body Thursday during home room announcements, reminding them of some old policies and introducing some new ones as the second semester gets underway.

Mr. Schreier’s statement included:

Cell phone policy: Cell phone are not allowed in any pockets, boots, socks and purses. Students should place them in their lockers, unless before the bell rings in the morning, at lunch, and when the last bell rings at 2:53. If 10 students fail to follow the rules, Mr. Schreier said, students will not be allowed to have their phones at lunch for 5 days.

Earbuds/headphones: Earbuds and headphones in the hallway and classroom are prohibited. If students are wearing earbuds in the hallway or classroom they will be confiscated. The use of these devices are only authorized during assignments required by teachers.

Water bottles: All water bottles must contain only water, and they must be transparent. All other drinks are prohibited. Students cannot bring tea, coffee, lemonade, Gatorade, apple juice, protein drinks, or any other colored or sugary drinks. Drink bottles must also have a twist-on lid.

School lunches: Mr. Schreier said the food staff has acknowledged that it has not been able to obtain all the food choices it used to provide, but every lunch offers an appropriate choice and necessary nutrition. Any student with a complaint should please contact Mr. Schreier or the food service director.

Student drivers: As the snow melts more and more drivers start to attempt to drive to school. All students parking in the lots in unnumbered spots must have a parking tag. Students who park in numbered spots will receive a after school detention.

Respect: Mr. Schreier said he is concerned about disrespectful behavior that is growing in our school community. He emphasized that it is not okay to say whatever you want to an adult or another student. Use of words that demean others because they are different is not acceptable. Mr. Schreier reminded students to choose words and actions carefully and treat others how they wanna be treated.