ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Jaidyn McCracken

Jeff Miller

Jaidyn McCracken is averaging double-digit scoring for B-A.

Addalyn Turek, Staff Writer

Jaidyn McCracken is a senior at Bellwood-Antis, well known as Crack by pretty much everyone. She said that her senior basketball season has been amazing so far and wants to end her high school career with a bang, and having a chance at states is a great way to do that.

She has been a key player in the Lady Blue Devil basketball team’s success, playing with Coach Jim Swaney since her freshman year.

”Crack has an amazing personality. And it is something that really brings the team together,” said Swaney

She has been a starter for him since her sophomore year. As of right now she is averaging 11 points, 3 assists, and 9 rebounds per game.

Her plan is to go to Penn State Altoona to join their girls basketball team under Coach Halee Adams.

Crack says that Swaney has coached her into the player that she is today, and that he tells her he will always have her back no matter the situation. No matter how she plays and no matter the outcome he is always there for her.

Swaney says, “She has grown as player by taking the game way more seriously. When she was a younger player she didn’t take it very seriously, but now she takes it way more serious. And that really shows in how she plays.”

As of Tuesday the Lady Blue Devils have a record of 23-6 overall. They will travel tonight to Central Cambria High School to face Homer Center in the PIAA 2A elite 8.

“I couldn’t ask for a better team. We have a great connection on and off the court,” Jaidyn said. “We hang out whenever we can and put tons of hard work in. I love this team and I’m gonna miss it when its all over. They have had my back since day one and I will always have theirs.”

Jaidyn also plays softball for B-A.