Aevidum set to host first Activity Fair

Event slated for the last day before break

For the first time in a long time, there is going to be a big change to watching the annual Christmas movie.  There will still be something fun and interesting for the students to do the day before they go off on Christmas break.  This year at Bellwood-Antis students will be able to split their morning with a Christmas movie and an activity fair.

Mr. McNaul, Mr. Stewart, and some students from Aevidum came up with the idea of having an activity fair/ carnival along with a Christmas movie.

Mr. Stewart said, “Some students in Aevidum wanted to create an event for the activities to share what they do in a fun way.  The Aevidum core committee discussed having a carnival, which then started to look more like an “activity fair.”

Mr. Stewart also added, “We thought it might be something that could happen on the same day as the movie and achieve the same fundraising goals for the Humane Society and food pantry.”

Both Mr. McNaul and Mr. Stewart plan on having all of the clubs at Bellwood-Antis to come together on December 23, 2014 in the gym so the general student population can experience what all the clubs are about.  The activity fair will take place during periods 1-4.

The idea is to have grades 9 and 10 participate during periods 1 and 2, while grades 11 and 12 are watching the Christmas movie.  The grades will then rotate at the beginning of 3rd period.

Aevidum plans on having students build marshmallow/spaghetti structures to emphasize teamwork and will have students write messages on yellow hands that Aevidum would like to display in the hallway near the cafeteria.

With every plan comes a goal. “Aevidum hopes that students will be able to participate in an event that celebrates the many activities we have available at BAHS.  We hope to encourage students to get involved and promote Aevidum’s core message: ‘”I’ve got your back,”’ Mr. Stewart said.

Mr. Stewart seems excited to start something new and hopes to continue this tradition in the future. He said, “It is always difficult to try something new, but I think it will be a success and students will enjoy it.  I would like to see something like an activities fair occur annually, perhaps earlier in the year to encourage participation in the activities.”