Three BA students reach Region 3 Band

(Left to right) Band director Mr. Pat Sachse with Sarah Knisley, Revel Southwell and Curt Messner at District band.

A group of three Bellwood-Antis students performed well enough last Thursday and Friday at PMEA District Band to qualify for Region 3 Band.

Senior Curt Messner and junior Revel Southwell, both playing trumpet, and sophomore Sarah Knisely, playing Oboe, will travel to Altoona Area High School in February for the Region 3 festival.

District band was held last week at Somerset High School, with John Hendricks of West Virginia University serving as the director

Curt said, “It was a good experience overall. We got to play challenging music, make new friends, and had a fantastic concert.”

Curt’s band-mates agreed that District band was a step up.

“We learned more difficult music than usual,” said Revel.  “It was a really good concert. It is an honor to move on to a festival like Region Band.”

Sarah said, “It was a wonderful experience getting to meet new people and playing fun music.”

Band Director, Patrick Sachse said, “It’s very impressive that every Bellwood student is moving onto the next level.” He also added, “I think it’s hilarious each student scored fourth out of their section.”