Monday starts Read Across America Week

English department has theme days for each day of the week

Alexis Mayhue

Everyone has a favorite book, including assistant high school principal Mrs. Adams. The English department will be featuring readers and their favorite books Monday.

Shawna McGuire, Staff Writer

The English department at Bellwood-Antis High School is sponsoring a theme week for Read Across America Week March 2-6.

Monday, March 2 kicks off the week, and it starts withthese activities.

The Bellwood-Antis High School students that are a part of the Library Club will be sent down to Myers Elementary to read to the young students.  The high school students are being sent down to be a reading role model for the younger kids. Younger kids will always want to be like the “big kids” and if the “big kids” like reading then they should to.

The high school students are going to celebrate the first day as Readers Choice Day. This day several students from each grade level will choose their favorite and explain why it is so good. Then student readers’ photos will be displayed across the school and on the BluePrint.

According to English teacher Mr. Naylor, readers’ choice is a way for students to express themselves and promote reading without turning them off to the idea.