BluePrint Stories of the Year

New high school principal Mr. Schreier met with the student body in grade level meetings on Monday, his first official day on the job.

It was a great school year for Bellwood-Antis, from all-state athletes, state medalists in academics, to community involvements.

To honor our outstanding school year, we made a list of our top stories for each month.

The top stories of the year concerned leadership changes at Bellwood-Antis. The district began the year without a Superintendent following the resignation of Dr. G. Brian Toth after 10 years on the job. He left to take a job at St. Mary’s.

Dr. Paul Gallagher, the former Superintendent at Hollidaysburg, functioned as the interim Superintendent until Dr. Thomas McInroy was hired in November.

In September, high school principal Lisa Hartsock announced that she would be leaving B-A to take on an elementary principal position at Tyrone. Assistant principal Cathy Adams took over in the interim until Mr. Richard Schreier was hired in November.

Other big stories followed. Seniors signed to play big-time college sports, teams played for titles, singers and speakers shined in their performances and events.

Even the BluePrint got in on the newsworthy items when it was named an SNO Distinguished Site after just one year as an online publication in April.

Starting in early August, the annual Backyard Brawl took place, leaving Bellwood with their first upset of the season.

Backyard Brawl Buzz

In September, BA lost its principal, attended an “Out of the Darkness Walk”, developed the “Lunch Buddies” program, and more. Read what happened throughout the month of September by clicking a link below:

Cellphone Addiction

Out of the Darkness Walk

My. Partner and Miss Trostle adjusting to Middle School Life

High School Principal Heading to Tyrone

Lisa Hartsock has been the principal at Bellwood-Antis High School for two years.

In October, the National Honors Society Induction took place, and Rocky Bleier gave BA students some inspiration. Check out what else happened in October:

National Honors Society Induction

Steeler Legend Rocky Bleier Addresses BAMS

Ian Schmoke Dances His Way to Fame

BAMS Tech Club Earns Statewide Recognition

As the weather got colder, hearts got warmer at BAHS as seniors committed to serving for their country in November. We talked about snow days and delays, and alumni Josh Rimmey.

From Seniors to Soldiers

Featured Alumni: Josh Rimmey

Schreier Named BAHS Principal

Hollen, Luensmann Sign to Play on the Next Level

Ana Hollen and Chad Luensman signed letters of intent to play sports in college.

In December, Blue Devil basketball continued on with their winning records, A BAMS Student was Nominated as Edublogs Award Finalist, the Wrestling team picked up a few W’s, and BASD participated in the annual Blue Angels project.

B-A Basketball Does it Again!

BAMS Student Nominated As Edublogs Award Finalist

Blue Angels Project Up and Running

After a long holiday break, in January the wrestlers got their first win, students went to a respect march, staff participated in The Biggest Loser contest, and FFA students attended the PA farm show.

FFA Students Heading to PA Farm Show

Three Band Members to Play in PMEA District Band

Baby Agnes Doe Continues to Inspire Respect for Life

District Shedding Pounds through Biggest Loser Contest

Wrestlers Pin Loss on Juniata Valley for First Win

B-A Students to Participate in Respect for Life March in Tyrone

Bellwood-Antis beats St. Joseph Academy

Furthering into February, Bellwood-Antis participated in Read Across America Week, Promposals were a hit, Black History Month was recognized, Snow Days were discussed, and Choir students went to regionals.

Early “Promposals” are the Rage at Bellwood-Antis

Monday starts Read Across America Week

CHS Students Discuss Fairness in Annual School-Wide Debates

Teachers Recognize Black History Month in their Classrooms

Featured Alumni: Josh Rimmey Takes Advantage of His Opportunities

Let’s just call it a day

Look Good, Play Good

Blue Devils become ICC champions on Senior Night

Five B-A Students Heading to Regionals for Choir

With Spring sports starting, March was yet another big month for Bellwood-Antis. The baseball and softball teams continued to roll, track started strong, Jessica Stehley placed at HOSA, and Casey Gray came back for a visit.

Bellwood-Antis Baseball Teams Continue the Season off Right

B-A Junior Going To Nationals for HOSA

Bellwood-Antis Freshman Is Going To Nationals

Another Bellwood Success: Casey Gray

Look out, Florida

Do sports parents go too far?

Lady Blue Devils prepare to face defending champs in Elite 8

The color of a controversy

In April, both track teams claimed the ICC title, Mr. Harry went to MN for a teacher’s convention, Prom took place, the poetry slam was a success, and Zayn left 1D.

Zayn’s Departure Sparks Mayhem in America’s Teens

One Giant Leap

Softball Team Stays On Hot Streak

Meghan Claar Grabs a Seat in Statewide Debate

STEM Night Draws a Crowd

iWorkout!

“A Little Party Never Killed Nobody”

B-A boys and girls grab ICC titles

Elementary Teacher Travels to Minnesota for National Convention

Although the school year is winding down in May, news is not! So far this month track members placed in districts, the softball and baseball teams are making a run for gold, seniors are preparing for the military, the Valedictorian was announced, The Music Man was outstanding, Selena Damiano broke the school record in shot put, and The Blueprint became a distinguished site!

Four BA Wrestlers Take a Spot on Pennsylvania All-Academic Team

Blueprint Becomes A Distinguished Site!

Softball Team Gets No. 100 for Coaching Staff

Damiano breaks own record at WCCM

Another Great Production

Book Inspires Students to Make a Difference

Jeremy Wilson Named 2015 Valedictorian

B-A Track Team Members Bring Home Medals.

Senior Summer Goes AWOL

Playing up two classifications, the Bellwood-Antis softball team captured the program's second District 6 championship Wednesday at University Park.
Susan Zong
Playing up two classifications, the Bellwood-Antis softball team captured the program’s second District 6 championship Wednesday at University Park.

Blue Devil softball team captures District title