Miss R Celebrates 50 years!

Miss R is the only coach the BA track girls have ever had.

Manning Photography

The B-A track boosters are planning a special night at DelGrosso’s to recognize Miss R for her 50 years as the girls track and field coach.

Devin Poplin, Staff Writer

Celebrating 50 Years!

Miss Roseborough, better known as Miss R, has been the girls track and field coach at Bellwood-Antis High School for half a century. Miss R has compiled 415 wins since her coaching debut in 1965.

Ms R benefit

To celebrate this accomplishment, high school gym teacher and boys track and field coach Nick Lovrich has arranged a special Miss R Night. It will be held Friday, June 19 starting at 6 p.m. at Delgrosso’s Amusement Park.

A chicken dinner will be served with a program to follow. Everyone attending is reminded to bring a lawn chair.

The celebration will cost 10 dollars and you can purchase tickets from Mr. Lovrich. Checks should be made payable to the BA Track Booster Club. Ticket order deadline is June 3.

If anyone has questions Mr. Lovrich can be contacted through email at [email protected] or call 742-2280.

“In today’s world of sports we will never see anyone else coach for 50 years,” said Mr. Lovrich. “She is not one to seek attention, but this is something very special and she deserves to be recognized for this. She has molded so many athletes during her tenure without ever wanting the spotlight. This is just our way of showing her thanks for all she has done,” said Mr. Lovrich.

In today’s world of sports we will never see anyone else coach for 50 years. She is not one to seek attention, but this is something very special and she deserves to be recognized for this.

— B-A coach Nick Lovrich

Mr. Lovrich said it has been a pleasure to work with Miss R and she is very knowledgeable of her sport.

“Miss R is the only coach the B-A girls have had. She is the face of the team,” Mr. Lovrich said. “So many people in Bellwood and throughout the district respect her and look up to her. When you mention her name to former B-A students, athletes, or parents everyone says how much they love Miss R.