Quinton Aaron speaks to students at B-A

Star of The Blind Side makes an impression students

Jarrett Tanneyhill

Actor Quinton Aaron spoke at Bellwood-Antis Thursday and moved the crowd with his very genuine presentation.

Ethan McGee, Staff Writer

Thursday Bellwood-Antis Middle and High School hosted a special guest.  Most people know him as Big Mike from the movie The Blind Side, but Blue Devil Nation got to know him as the one and only Quinton Aaron.

Quinton is the actor who played as Micheal Oher in the 2009 Hollywood hit The Blind Side, a true story of an NFL football player’s rise from rags to riches.

Mr. Aaron was a guest speaker through the organization “Quarterbacks of Life,” which annually brings guest speaker’s to Bellwood-Antis in conjunction with the Bellwood-Antis School District Foundation. Past speakers include Rocky Bleier and Adam Taliaferro.

Mr. Aaron came to B-A to provide central message to students to inspire them throughout their schooling career.

“The Bellwood-Antis Middle School has been fortunate to experience wonderful motivational speakers for the past five years,” said Mrs. Susan Nycum, one of the advisors of the middle school leadership team.  That club, along with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, helped organize the presentation.

“Quinton Aaron’s message was one that reinforces to everyone that you should strive to reach your goals, accept support along the way, stand up to the negative adversaries, use any resources you have, and keep a positive attitude,” Mrs. Nycum added.

Quinton told the students to never stop believing in their dreams, and to chase their goals no matter the obstacles they face on their journey.

He said he went through a lot as a child, such as lack of money and family, but he always believed he could achieve his goals.