Shildt joins 100 hits club

Blue Devils get back on track with win over Damsels

Taylor Shildt joined a special group by logging her 100th hit yesterday.

Blair Pooman, Staff Writer

The Bellwood-Antis girls softball team won yesterday against Moshannon Valley, rebounding after losing their last game against Philipsburg-Osceola.

B-A won by a final score of 10-0.

Taylor Shildt joined the 100 Hit Club for Bellwood Softball last night, becoming the fourth person in Bellwood history to reach the milestone.

“It felt good to do it at home,” said Shildt, who will be playing next year at UPJ. “This is the field where I started my career as a freshman so it’s neat to get Number 100 here.”

“A 100 hits is a feat that not many players achieve! Bellwood softball is very happy to add Taylor to that list! Taylor is going to be successful in all that she does in life this was just another one of things she set her mind to do! Bellwood softball applaudes her achievement!” said Coach Jim Payne.

Shildt needed two hits last night to hit the milestone, and got both hits she needed.

This is the field where I started my career as a freshman so it’s neat to get Number 100 here.

— Taylor Shildt

She joins a small group that includes 2015 grads Anna Wolfe and Jaqueline Finn, and 2014 alumnus Emily Nagle.

“I think it shows how hard we have all worked,” Shildt said. “The majority of the players who have gotten 100 hits have gone on to play college ball, so it’s special to be a part of that tradition.”

Shildt has started since her freshman season, but she said 100 hits was never a goal until this year.

“My dad calculated my stats and we realized I only needed 30 or so hits, so that’s when I made it a goal,” she said.

Against Mo Valley, Maddie Miller pitched a 3-hit shutout for Bellwood, and Jestelynn Heaton had three RBI’s.

Bellwood will look to continue their winning ways on Monday against the Claysburg Bulldogs, as their record has improved to 12-1 on the year.