Homecoming Bio: Miranda Tornatore

Homecoming Bio: Miranda Tornatore

Escort: Connor Cobaugh

Court Name: Miranda’s Mafia

What do you think you were nominated to be on court? I believe I got nominated to be on court because I am friendly and approachable. I have value in every friendship and everyone I come across.

What is the best piece of advice you have received do far? Even if your dream life doesn’t go as planned, you can still find your happiness which reinforces what my parents have always said, “Always make the best of every situation, and stay positive.

Who is your favorite teacher, or teachers, and why? Mr. Carr is my favorite teacher because he is so welcoming, kind, and helpful!

Who’s your rule model and why? My role model is my mom because she motivates me to set goals and work hard to achieve them.

What are your future plans, if you know? I would like to attend a university and get into a PA program: then afterwards concentrate on Dermatology.

What do you think the best part of high school is? The best part of high school is attending all the school events and building such close bonds with my friends.

If you could give a piece of advice to incoming freshmen, what would it be? You have one shot at high school, so, get involved and seize every opportunity like going to games, dances, and other school events.

What clubs or organizations are you involved in? French club, Renaissance club, FCA, camp counselor, NHS, volleyball, teaching 4th grade religious ed, golf, Blair County Youth Leadership.

Favorite homecoming activities: My favorite homecoming activity is the homecoming dance because I like to dance with all of my friends and have a good time.

What would it mean to you to be crowned homecoming queen? If I were to be crowned homecoming queen, it would be such a huge honor that my peers thought so highly of me. To be honest, just making the court is a big honor and an awesome memory.

This is a space you can use if you have anything else you want to share with us! As a senior, I have been reflecting back on my experiences of my high school… I now understand when people say that “time is a thief.” Those years flew by so fast and if I were to give any advice, not to just incoming freshman, it would be… enjoy every moment as if it would be your last. Try not to sweat the small stuff. If you see someone struggling, lend a helping hand. Tough times until pass so stay positive. Lastly, thank the people who supported you. whether it be your parents, guardians, teachers, friends, etc. who molded you. Most importantly, stay true to yourself and don’t be so hard on yourself.