Dickinson moves on to states

B-A senior hurdler brings home two top-three finishes from Districts
Terry McCaulley
Kole Dickinson hurdling beautifully. Dickinson took third in both hurdling events at the District 6 championships to qualify for the state championship meet.

Bellwood-Antis athletes fought hard yesterday on day two of the District 6 track and field championships held at Mansion Park.

Senior Kole Dickinson took third place in the 110m hurdles with a time of 16.01 seconds and third place in the 300m hurdles with a time of 41.15 seconds. He will be moving on to compete in the PIAA championship meet for both events.

“Kole making it to states is very exciting.  Last year we did not have any boys make it, so it is good to be able to make that trip again,” said B-A boys track and field coach Nick Lovrich. “He had solid races in each of his hurdle races, and he gets one more chance to compete.”

Kole entered the event as one of the top hurdlers in the area, having already won both events at the Bellwood-Antis Invitational and the Mountain Lion Classic.

On the girls side, the Lady Devils’ underclassmen continued to shine and point to bright things on the horizon for B-A.

“Our girls team is proud of their performance at districts this week,” said Lady Devils coach Jennifer Soisson. “They held their own amongst some tough competitors. This was a developmental year for us with adding 21 new members to the team. There is a lot of talent and depth in our program.”

Junior Avah Hassler finished fourth in the 400m with a PR time of 1:01.45, just missing the chance to move onto States by seconds.

Junior Briley Campbell placed 6th in the 100m finals with a time of 13.43 seconds.

Sophomore Chloe Stoltzfus ran both the 100 and 300m hurdles. She finished in 8th in the 100m hurdles with a time of 17.64 seconds, and she finished in 7th in the 300m hurdles with a PR time of 49.89 seconds.

The girls 4×100 relay team with Chloe Stoltzfus, Avah Hassler, Chloe Hammond, and Briley Campbell took 4th place.

Julie Kraft, Kate Heisler, Marissa Cacciotti, and Avah Hassler placed 6th in the girls 4×400 relay.

The boys 4×400 relay team took also took 6th place with Holden Schreier, Conner Bardell, Gabe Thompson, and Kole Dickinson.

“I thought we had a good showing,” Mr. Lovrich said. “Our guys worked hard all year, and you could see how their performances got better as the year went on.

Dickinson will be the only Bellwood-Antis track athlete competing at the PIAA meet, which will be held on May 24th and 25th at Shippensburg University.

Good luck Kole.