B-A says goodbye to three student teachers

Kaelynn Behrens

Mr. Cene, Ms. Martin, and Mr. Wible spent 6 weeks teaching at Bellwood-Antis.

Harley Strunk, Staff Writer

Bellwood-Antis high school students learned from three new students teachers from Penn State University in History and English during the third nine weeks.

They were pre-student teaching; here only here until fourth marking period.

The BluePrint interviewed all of the new student teachers.

Ms. Martin, Mr. Naylor’s student teacher, graduated from East York. She wants to become an English teacher and is the only one of the pre-student teachers who will be returning to Bellwood-Antis next fall to complete her full-semester student teaching.

“BA is much smaller than what I’m used to. However it makes it easier to find my way around and get to know people,” Ms. Martin Said.

Ms. Martin originally wanted to be an elementary school teacher, but quickly realized she enjoys working with high schoolers. She likes getting to know the students and teachers, experiencing the classroom from the teacher’s perspective here at Bellwood-Antis.

In five years she hopes to be working in a high school around State College or the surrounding area.

Mr. Martin said she happy Penn State placed her here at Bellwood-Antis because it encouraged her to continue the path she’s on.

Mr. Cene, Mr. McNaul’s student teacher, graduated from Seneca Valley High School near Pittsburgh.

He wants to become a history teacher because he feels it’s important for people to know what being a good citizen is and how to make informed decision.

Mr. Cene feels that some environment at Bellwood-Antis is the same as his school, like the morning announcement or school spirit. He likes it here at B-A because the teachers and the students

“The teachers are really nice and helpful, and the students are also friendly and very smart,” he said.

Mr. Cene will complete his student teaching somewhere in the Pittsburgh area.

Mr. Wible, Mrs. Bartlett’s student teacher, went to Brownsville Area High School.

He wants to become an English teacher because, in his words, English is the best class to teach.

In five years he hopes to be teaching in a high school like Bellwood-Antis.

“I like the staff and students because they are all joys to work with,” he said.

His supervisor picked for him to come to Bellwood-Antis, but his student teaching will be completed on an Indian reservation in South Dakota.