Sports set to resume following shutdown

Emalee Strong

After a three-day delay because of COVID restrictions, the ICC championship meet will take place Thursday.

Jake Bollinger, Editor in Chief

After a brief shutdown on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday sports are set to resume today. For the past three days none of the teams were able to play or even practice following a small COVID outbreak.

The ICC track meet is set to be held at Bellwood’s Memorial Stadium today; it was supposed to be on Monday but it was moved to today due to the closing. The only concern with the meet would be that all scores to qualify for districts are due today, so many teams may have to use scores from their earlier meets in order to qualify.

Despite the delay, it will be the first time the meet has taken place since 2019, after COVID cancelled the event last spring.

The softball and baseball teams are also set to resume play with both teams facing off against Williamsburg. The softball team will be on the road, and the baseball will be at home. The baseball teams looks to get a win tonight in order to hold their spot in the District 6 3A playoffs.

All three teams are experiencing the same issues with having to deal with players in quarantine. There were a number of students who were sent home earlier in the week due to close contact, and most of those students will be returning next Monday.

The baseball team has another home game tomorrow against West Branch.