What’s Cookin?

Episode 2: Breakfast
Connor Cobaugh
The crew in Ms. Harris’s class recently spent time cooking breakfast meals.

This past week in Home Economics, the students cooked breakfast. They whipped up some exquisite bacon and eggs, as well as French toast, pancakes, and Dutch babies. 

The best type of egg cooked was the poached egg. It turned out beautifully, like a cloud. While the eggs cooked, Senior Zach Pier prepared the bacon magnificently. I don’t think it could’ve been done any better. It tasted so fresh, like you just took a bite out of a big juicy pig. The bacon and eggs get a total of 7.1/10.

Another day, there was an attempt at making French Toast. This was the first bad dish of the year. There were many failures trying to transfer the toast from the bowl of mix to the griddle, as the toast got too soggy and fell apart. Senior Anthony Caracciolo dropped his sad, soggy piece of bread on the floor, which made quite a mess. To top it all off, all the French Toast was severely undercooked due to senior Kole Dickinson completely messing up the temperature on the griddle. He had one job, and that was to turn the heat to 375. He failed at that task and only put it to 300, thereby dooming everyone’s French toast. The French toast gets an overall 2.7/10.

To end off the week, students knocked out some fluffy pancakes and Dutch babies. The pancakes were quite yummy and filled with rainbow sprinkles as well as chocolate chips. The pancakes get an overall 8.1/10. If you don’t know what Dutch babies are, they are basically a light custardy pancake with a crunchy crust. They are definitely different, but quite good. Overall, they were better than expected and get a solid 7/10. 

As you can see, last week was a great week of cooking and eating, hopefully this week will be just as good.