Bellwood prepares to face Penn Cambria

Morgan Kienzle
The Blue Devils are ready for Friday.

The Bellwood-Antis Blue Devils will be on the road tomorrow night against the Penn Cambria Panthers. The teams have a reversed record with Bellwood being 1-6, and Penn Cambria standing at 6-1. The Blue Devils are coming off of a 27-13 loss against Bishop Guilfoyle last week, while Penn Cambria is coming off of a close 15-12 victory over Chestnut Ridge. 

Penn Cambria is led by sophomore quarterback, Brady Jones, who has already broken 1,000 passing yards this year along with 15 passing touchdowns. This is going to present a challenge to Bellwood’s secondary, who has recently been struggling.

Senior safety, Josh Dorminy, says, “We are going to be expecting the pass and work to stop it. This is something we have worked hard on all year, and we get better every week.”

Penn Cambria has had a fairly easy schedule so far this year, which could explain their 6-1 record, while Bellwood’s record reflects the more difficult teams faced. Bellwood will be looking to prove that, improve their record, and come out on top with an underdog victory tomorrow night.