Bellwood is asked to give support after Steve Parshall passes away

Jodi Wilson
Charles Parshall and his late father, Steve Parshall

Steve was loved by many of Charles’ friends (Anika Giffen)

On October 13, 2023, Bellwood-Antis senior Charles Parshall lost his father Steve to ongoing kidney issues.

The family has started a GoFundMe to raise money for Charles to get things such as food, clothes, house supplies, gas, and to pay for Steve’s unexpected medical bills. A food drive has been started for Charles and his uncle as well.

You can donate to their cause here.

Domino’s pizza in Tyrone held a fundraiser this past Wednesday, October 18, where they donated a percentage of all their sales to the family as well.

Charles’ close friends have been handing out flyers to homerooms around the high school with a QR code to the GoFundMe attached. These flyers have also been put in businesses around the area as well.

Anika Giffin is a close friend of Charles and commented on her time knowing Steve. ”My favorite memory of him is when I walked into the house and didn’t say a single word and Steve goes, ‘Anika!’ and screams. I’m going to love and miss that memory forever, I love you Steve.”

Steve’s viewing will be held this Sunday, October 22, at the Russin Funeral Home from 1 to 4 and the funeral will start at 4. The family asks for any help and prayers the community can give them in these troubling times.