Drug and alcohol abuse: understanding addiction

Blair Drug and Alcohol Partnership
During Red Ribbon Week, students participated in a presentation on addiction by the Blair Drug and Alcohol Partnerships.

Monday, the Blair Drug and Alcohol Partnerships (BDAP) presented information to multiple grade levels throughout the day in the high school auditorium about the dangers of Fentanyl and addiction.

The presentation came as a part of Red Ribbon Week. Throughout the week there were different theme days to show awareness for people who have lost their relatives to any type of drug.

The speaker, Michaela Benson, kicked off Red Ribbon week to start with an effort to support healthy, drug free kids. The BDAP speaker shared a 5 minute video on how Fentanyl is bad for you in everyway and could kill you within 2 minutes of use.

Before she started the video she had the audience answer some questions to their peers around them.

“Fentanyl is bad and you don’t know it until its too late.” Michaela said.

The video explained about Fentanyl and how, “it will rapidly slow down your breathing.” it also talked about it being odorless and tasteless.

At the end of the assembly she asked if anyone had questions or if anyone wanted to share anything important.