Blue Devils prepare for fight against Trojans

Bellwoods+captains+walk+to+the+center+of+the+field.+
Mor
Bellwood’s captains walk to the center of the field.

This Friday, the Bellwood-Antis Blue Devils will play their last game of the year against the Greater Johnstown Trojans. Both teams have a similar record with Bellwood being 1-8, and Greater Johnstown sitting at a winless 0-9. The Trojans are coming off of a 17-0 loss against Bedford, while the Blue Devils are coming off of a tragic 42-0 loss against Bald Eagle. Two weeks ago, Greater Johnstown lost to Bald Eagle with a much closer score of 59-30. This could be concerning, and really highlights Bellwood’s struggling offense. 

This Friday is also senior night, where the following seniors will be recognized: Josh Dorminy, Spencer Dunklebarger, Brady Gottshall, Jordan Hescox, Robbie Kenner, Dalton Poorman, Ethan Robertson, and Chance Schreier.

Senior Robbie Kenner says, “High school football gave me a strong work ethic that I’ll carry with me for the rest of my life.”

This will be a meaningful game for the Blue Devils as the team looks to end the season with a win, and seniors look to end their high school football career on a good note. 

Overall, this has been a disappointing season for the Bellwood-Antis Blue Devils due to the conference switch to the Laurel Highlands. The team is still pretty young, so there is hope for years to come.