Run-Hide-Fight drill takes place at BAHS/MS
Holiday-ish: National Tortilla Chip day

Holiday-ish: National Tortilla Chip day

February 23, 2024

Mini-THON set to launch March 1

Mini-THON set to launch March 1

February 23, 2024

Holiday-ish: National Banana Bread Day

Holiday-ish: National Banana Bread Day

February 23, 2024

NHS members volunteer at the Rec

Kerry Naylor
Kimmy Bennett and Jacob Caracciolo were among the first NHS members to volunteer at the Northern Blair COunty Rec Center last weekend.

Members of the Bellwood-Antis National Honor Society (NHS) are volunteering at the Northern Blair Rec Center during Saturday basketball games.

The students will be helping with small tasks, like assisting with concession stands and working the scoreboard.

All NHS members are required to perform community service hours.

“We have over 30 students this month, and we have had such a great response from the students that we will also staff events in December and maybe January,” Mrs. Flarend quoted.

The students range in age from seniors to freshmen. By volunteering, the students are benefiting many things, Mrs. Flarend saud.

“The Northern Blair Rec offers many opportunities in our area. They cannot staff these events alone, so we are stepping in to provide extra hands at the concession stands and other light tasks around the building,” Mrs. Flarend also said.

The games are a part of the center’s Youth Rec League, which has teams in divisions ranging from kindergartens through sixth grade. Fall leagues began last weekend.