Music Man rehearsals and prep underway

Tickets are available online

Emily Wagner

Sets are being built for this year’s musical The Music Man, and daily practices will be starting soon.

Emilee Astore, Social Media Editor

Months have passed and many preparations and practices are being put into this year’s musical, The Music Man.

For those who don’t know the story behind the Music Man, Tierra Mahute, a staff writer for the BluePrint, summarized the play back in October as:

In 1912, a traveling salesman named “Professor” Harold Hill arrives in River City, intrigued by the challenge of swindling the famously stubborn natives of Iowa. Hill pretends to be a traveling band instructor to con the citizens of River city into paying him to “create” a boys’ marching band, including instruments, uniforms, and music instruction.

The Music Man is the first school production in a long time that hasn’t been directed by Mr. Richard Bower, the long-time music director who retired last year. This year’s play is being directed by new music director Mrs. Beth Hull, and tickets are available for the first time ever online.

Practices are coming along very well, but we have ways to go. We are having a lot of fun.

— Revel Southwell (Harold Hill)

Sets are being built and in the little practices the cast has had they are also learning new techniques and styles for“honing in” on their characters.

“Practices are coming along very well, but we have ways to go. We are having a lot of fun. I expect it to be a great show. We have a fantastic cast list and with enough practice, I think it’ll be a home-run,” said Music Man himself, Revel Southwell.

The cast list includes:

Revel Southwell– Music man (Harold Hill)

Amanda Albright– Marian Paroo

Lucas Tuggy– Marcellus Washburn

Randy Zitterbart– Mayor Shinn

Emily Estright– Eulalie MacKecknie Shinn

Grace Misera– Zaneeta Shinn

Stephanie Mills– Mrs. Paroo

Luke Hollingshead– Tommy Djilas

Aaron Mogle– Charlie Cowell

Hannah Cherry– Ethel Tofflemier

Sophia Rocco– Amaryllis

Hunter Gregg– Winthrop Paroo

Avery Turek– Gracie Shinn

Show nights remain May 6-9 in the Bellwood-Antis Auditorium.

“The schedule has been flexible due to the weather, but there will be rehearsals almost every day soon,” said Ms. Hull.

Tickets for the Music Man are now available online at Seat Yourself. Use the following steps:

1. Click BUY TICKETS
  2. Search “MUSIC MAN”
  3. In the search bar on the right hand side of the page type “BELLWOOD”
  4. Click the show title
  5. Click the show date you wish to attend
  6. Follow on screen directions

Adult tickets will be $8.00 and student tickets will be $5.00.

Ms. Hull would like to add that any student wanting to participate in producing/set building, to contact her immediately. The extra help is always appreciated.