Christmas Craft Show set for Saturday at Myers

Over 80 vendors on hand to raise money for Berky Relay for Life team

Kerry Naylor

Tia Aurandt and Asia Beeler were among many Bellwood-Antis students who worked at the craft fair last year.

Makala Doyle, Staff Writer

For the past three years, Bellwood-Antis has hosted the Christmas Craft Show at Myers Elementary School.

Along with getting everyone in the Christmas spirit, there are many things to do at the Craft Show. There will be Santa’s Secret Workshop and a wrapping station. Everyone will also be able to visit Santa and get pictures, make cards, purchase cookies, and much more.

The event is hosted by the Berky Bunch Relay for Life Team of Northern Blair.The Craft Show is open to the community, and elementary students are able to come and shop for gifts and can be helped by a high volunteer.

This craft show is by far the largest fundraiser that we have.

— Amy Chamberlain

“This craft show is by far the largest fundraiser that we have.  We raise money through vendor spaces as well as pictures with Santa and our “famous” cookie walk,” said Berky Bunch representative Amy Chamberlain.  “We also have a basket raffle and sell walking tacos.  So when you combine all these items, it adds a great boost to our team fundraising.”

The volunteer high school students will also be there to help wrap gifts, and create Christmas cards.

“I attended the Craft Show last year, and I think that it is a great time for everyone in the community. There is a variety of things to do, and it really gets everyone in the Christmas spirit,” said Christina Kowlaski.

In all the Berky Buch is expecting almost 100 vendors.

“We had 88 venders last year and will have the same number of vendors this year,” Chamberlain said.  “Some of the vendors are the same as last year but there are also new ones.   We actually have a waiting list of vendors who want to be in the show in case of cancellations.”

Everyone is encouraged to come and stop by at the Craft Show. There will be something for everyone to do and enjoy, and it will get everyone ready for Christmas!