Sunday Matinee for the Bellwood Chorus

Jarrett Taneyhill

The vocalists practice for the concert.

Holden Shook, Staff Writer

December 2019 was the last time the Bellwood-Antis choir has sang in front of a live audience, but that all changes this Sunday November 7  at 2:30.

The Bellwood-Antis concert choir, under the direction of Ms. Beth Hull, is presenting a free concert called the Musical Matinee. It will mark the first time the choir has sung before a live audience in Bellwood since before the COVID19 pandemic began in March of 2020.

“The plan is to give them more opportunities to experience performing again,” Ms. Hull said.

The students are also getting more of a say in what they will be singing.

“I am trying to give the students more creative input into programming. So, Sunday’s program will be a bit of a ‘hodge-podge’ of music,'” said Ms. Hull. “There will be a number of student soloist and announcers throughout the concert.”

Senior Sarah Berkowitz is preparing for her college music education degree auditions, so as a sort of test run, she will be preforming one of her audition pieces, “Consecration”.

The chorus is doing songs from a handful of musicals including “Cruising for a Bruising” written by Basia, “River in Judea” written by Feldman Jack, The ladies from the theater class are singing “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy” written by Don Raye, and the men are singing “Teach Your Children” written by Graham Nash.

Doors for the event open at 2 p.m.