Shook reprises familiar role for Beauty and the Beast

Kimberly Bennett

Holden Shook plays LeFou in Beauty and the Beast.

Kimberly Bennett, Staff Writer

Junior Holden Shook plays LeFou in the Beauty and the Beast, to be performed this spring at at Bellwood-Antis High School.

It has been two years since the music department has been able to stage a production and the cast is ready to go.

Shook has been successful in musical theater for seven years now.

I have always enjoyed making people laugh and just be happy overall.

— Holden Shook

The exciting parts about the musical is when it all comes together and lights up the stage on opening night, he said.

“The most exciting part of the musical experience  is just to see it all flow and  be an entertaining show,” Shook said.

The first musical production he was in was the Seussical and he was a Wickersham monkey back up when he was in middle school.

The musical has been running for a couple months now and it is going great, Shook said.

“I think it will be as good as (productions in the past) if we try our best,” Shook said. “If we put no effort into it it will be bad, but if we all try and put the work in it can be amazing.”

The role of Lefou is a fun and light hearted role. He is Gaston’s right hand man and will do anything for Gaston to be just as self-confident as he is.

Shook is excited to play the role of Lefou for a second time.

“I like that he is the comic relief. I have always enjoyed making people laugh and just be happy overall,” said Shook.

Beth Hull is the music director for this musical. She has been working hard to get all the music and students prepared.

The Bellwood-Antis Beauty and the Beast production will be held on May 12, 13, and 14. Best wishes for this musical production and everyone in it.