B-A names Valedictorian and Salutatorian

Caedon Poe and Sarah Berkowitz are the Salutatorian and Valedictorian for the Class of 2022.

Gracie Rice, Staff Writer

On Wednesday Bellwood-Antis High School principal Richard Schreier formally announced the 2021-2022 valedictorian and salutatorian.

Sarah Berkowitz was chosen as the valedictorian, with the highest GPA calculated at the end of the 3rd marking period. Upon hearing the news, Sarah said she feels incredibly honored and excited.

“If you told a younger Sarah that this would happen, she would not believe you. I am very thankful for everyone who helped me get to this point in my life,” Sarah says.

Caden Poe was chosen as the salutatorian, with the second highest GPA calculated at the end of the 3rd marking period. He was humbled by the announcement.

“I’m really honored,” he said. “I owe it to God and to those who have invested in me and my future.”

Mr. Schreier recognized the pair for their hard work over four years, and gave special nod to those who taught them during that time.

“Their sacrifice and hard work allowed them to achieve at high levels among a group of intelligent and motivated classmates. In addition to their efforts, I would like to complement the efforts of all teachers that assisted all students in the Class of 2022 throughout their high school careers,” Mr. Schreier stated.